I think I'm more likely to make an index.html hierarchy than actually
rearrange the files. Part of the problem is that the mirrors can handle
such changes just fine- they all indiscriminately download anything that
changes immediately, all at once. The mirrors are great for reducing my
bandwidth as long as things are reasonably stable, but not so good if I
make global changes or re-uploads. The other issue is that I don't really
manage or organize or support this stuff, I sort of assume that noone is
in there unless they know exactly what file they need. -Tom
On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Tony Nugent wrote:
> Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 19:03:06 +1000
> From: Tony Nugent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: TomsRootBootDisk Mailing list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [tomsrtbt] web/ftp site reorganisation ?
>
> Hey Tom, can I make a suggestion about the www/ftp site?
>
> All the stuff in /rb/add-ons/, can it all be sorted so the directory
> structure starts to look like this?
>
> /rb/modules/
> /rb/modules/conrib/
> /rb/tools/
> /rb/tools/contrib/
>
> Or something similar. It would tidy things up and make it a lot
> easier to browse and find exactly what you might be looking for if
> things where organised in this fashion.
>
> (Hmm, this _might_ cause some grief with the mirror sites [I know
> it is mirrored at mirror.aarnet.edu.au here in Australia], so
> perhaps this can be planned for the next public release?)
>
> Just my 2c worth...
>
> Cheers
> Tony
>