Hi,

I am new to this list.  I happen to be a UNIX/C/Java programmer. What
I want to do, and I am just in the initial research phase, is to be able
to take a list of MP3's on my hard disk, run a program, and generate a
CCF file with buttons for all of the MP3's on the list, ideally grouped
by music type, artist, etc.  I ran Tonto and was very impressed with the
program.  I also found another program on the net, a C CCF parser, at
http://www.markus-fritze.de/pronto/ but it cored on the first file I
tried.  However it seems like it might be easier to adapt to my needs?

I don't know what hardware I plan to use for this project, either a
networked MP3 player like the Audiotron, or maybe a MP3 player with a
lot of memory.  (So I am open to recommendations in this area as well).

thank you,
Tom Friedel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]