I've just put out a testing release 1.09 which contains specific fixes
for the Marantz 9200. I'm still having problems with the Marantz 5000i
which I hope to resolve soon. If you are a willing
victim^h^h^h^h^h^htester, please step forward.

My current "difficult" project is to get firmware updating working from
Tonto. Since I've managed to reverse-engineer the update protocol, the
real difficulty lies in extracting the BOOT, PSOS, _SYS and _APP images
from the update EXE. I would not have to do this except that I am not
legally able to redistribute those image files. So I should be able to
get the update function working as long as I can extract those images
from the EXE lying around on your local disk.

Speaking of firmware updates: the latest ProntoPro firmware update now
uses a compressed CCF format when you load from the Pronto into
ProntoProEdit. I have not figured out this file format. The upshot is
that Pro's with the newest firmware don't like to let Tonto upload from
them. You can still send a new CCF to the Pronto, you just can't get it
back out. This is a real pain. If you have info or know people who might
have info about this, please let me know.

I'm in the nascent stages of hacking the Neo. The comm protocol is
extremely wierd. This will not be easy. On the positive side, the NCF
file format is simply a zipped XML file. Easy as pie. It should be
possible to have Tonto (or an offshoot) generate these files. But it
does not eliminate the need for NeoEdit, so until I can do that, it's
not worth the effort.

And last, I will be releasing the source code for Tonto in it's entirety
under the Artistic License when 1.10 goes out the door. I hope to do
that this week if all goes well with the Marantz fixes.

stewart