In addition to the visible recipients, this note was blind copied to:

- Sun internal gatekeepers
- two Sun-internal on-ips aliases
- pkg-discuss, tools-discuss, and on-discuss opensolaris aliases

I apologize for the inevitable, multiple copies.  Please honor
Reply-to, and consider subscribing to on-ips-...@opensolaris.org.

This note is largely recycled from the first round request. As such, the links are still embedded in the same place below, but now they're replicated: a .1 for the initial review, a .2 for the final review, and a .1-2 for the incremental between the others.

The manifests webrevs take FOREVER to generate, so they will be populated later this evening. Everything else is already in place.

Howdy--

This is the second and final round of code review request for transitioning ON to stop producing SVr4 packages and start producing IPS repositories.

We believe that we have addressed all code review comments received in the first round.

There will still be some changes as we synchronize to onnv-gate changes for build 135, but they will not be sent out for broader code review.

As previously stated, the goal for this integration is for ON to natively build and deliver a package set identical to that produced by the OpenSolaris importer. To that end, please focus your review primarily on that issue. If you object to what those deliveries, you may certainly note it, but this code review thread is not the forum where it will get the most appropriate attention.

The bulk of the code changes can be found in usr/src/pkg and
usr/src/tools.  In reviewing those, it will be helpful if you are
familiar with pkgsend(1), pkgmogrify(1), and pkg.depotd(1M).

Notes on these:

1) Since pkgdefs is going away, acr must follow.  We're still
   delivering bfu, but conflict resolution will be manual.  This is a
   temporary state, as bfu will be phased out.

2) The material in usr/src/pkg/docs is of interest, but is not
   intended for integration as-is.  Some of the aforementioned change
   is around documentation.  So, while you might want to read that if
   you're not yet familiar with this project, it's not worth a ton of
   time providing corrections.

3) We know that the archive_build script is ad hoc and does not belong
   in SUNWonbld.  Since it's been useful for, and maintained by, more
   than one of us, it's still in our project gate.  But it will go
   away prior to integration.

        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-pkg.2/
        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-pkg.1-2/
        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-pkg.1/

        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-tools.2/
        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-tools.1-2/
        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-tools.1/

The manifests will be of interest in helping understand how we will be
packaging software, but it's probably not worthwhile to dwell on their
correctness.  The ultimate arbiter of this will be pkgdiffs against the
OpenSolaris imported build 133.

        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-manifests.2/
        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-manifests.1-2/
        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-manifests.1/

The remaining interesting changes scattered throughout the source tree
can be found here:

        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-catchall.2/
        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-catchall.1-2/
        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-catchall.1/

...and finally, the pkgdefs webrev merely shows that I moved the
necessary files out of pkgdefs into other parts of the tree, and then
did "hg rm usr/src/pkgdefs" in our project workspace:

        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.on-ips-pkgdefs/
        (this one remains unchanged)

--Mark, on behalf of the ON IPS transition team