> that and /usr/bin/cscope behave the same in that respect. the interesting
 > thing is the build_cscope in the nevada source seems to manage that feat(?)
 > quite nicely ...

I presume you're talking about the cscope databases under usr/src/uts.
I think you're just seeing a side effect of the the -I directives in
cscope.files causing the header files to often be found under one of those
paths prior to being found in /usr/include.  However, consider
ip_htable.h: it's located at common/inet/ipf/netinet/ip_htable.h.  Since
there is no "-I common/inet/ipf/netinet" directive in cscope.files, cscope
reports the one in /usr/include/netinet.

--
meem