On  5/04/11 10:05 AM, Will Fiveash wrote:
On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:53:39AM +1000, James C. McPherson wrote:
On  5/04/11 09:52 AM, Will Fiveash wrote:
Am I supposed to modify the permissions of the python scripts to make
them executable?
yes

Is there a reason those scripts don't have the execute permission on in
the hg.opensolaris.org/hg/scm-migration/onnv-gk-tools repo?

Yes - we don't leave the execute bit on so that people don't
get surprised at inopportune moments with umask. Also, Mercurial
tracks a global "is it executable?" rather than user/group/other
perms.

In addition, is this step documented (I didn't see it)?

I thought it was. I will check through our docs and make sure.

James
--
Oracle
http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog