ClueBots certainly are in the group:

mysql> select user_name from user_groups join user on user_id =
ug_user where ug_group = 'bot' and user_name like 'Clue%';
+-------------+
| user_name   |
+-------------+
| ClueBot     |
| ClueBot II  |
| ClueBot III |
| ClueBot IV  |
| ClueBot NG  |
| ClueBot VI  |
+-------------+

Also, according to WP:BOTPOL (which applies only to enwiki):

> Historically, being flagged as a bot account was distinct from the approval
> process; not all approved bots had that property. This stemmed from the fact
> that all bot edits were hidden from recent changes, and that was not
> universally desirable. Now that bot edits can be allowed to show up on recent
> changes, this is no longer necessary.

So, if there actually are some bots that don't have the flag, a
bureaucrat could probably give it to the bot.

Petr Onderka
[[User:Svick]]