Am 09.02.2012 14:08, schrieb Victor Vasiliev:
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Magnus Manske
<magnusman...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
Hi all,

on my talk page, [[User:Pathoschild]] raised the idea of allowing
OpenID authentication to operate toolserver tools that currently rely
on TUSC. While I'd rather go for browserID [1] (not mutually
exclusive), it raised the point of which authentication is "good
enough" for using some toolserver tools, especially those that edit or
upload on Wiki(m|p)edia projects.

Would these non-TUSC accounts need to be linked to Wiki(m|p)edia user
names? If so, how would this be done? If Wiki(m|p)edia were to provide
openID/browserID authentication, it would be a non-issue, but as it
stands, this would need to be done on the toolserver in some form,
which would most likely be more cumbersome than the current TUSC
account creation.

Ideas?

Magnus

Well, Wikimedia should become OpenID/OAuth provider for that.

--vvv

We had a talk on maps-l[1] to allow Wikipedians to edit easily OpenStreetMap. So Wikimedia as OpenID/OAuth provider would be really nice.

Greetings Tim

[1]http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/maps-l/2012-January/001113.html