On 04/03/12 17:42, محمد الجداوي wrote:
> Hi there. I made a cron for operating /clean_sandbox.py/ every 6 hours,
> I made a modified copy from /clean_sandbox.py/ for me and uploaded it to
> my account on toolserver (outside the pywikipedia folder).
> The problem i face is that i can't write the proper code, I made this code:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> #$ -j y
> #$ -o /dev/null
> $HOME
> python clean_sandbox.py -lang:"ar" -family:wikipedia
>
> But it didn't work.

In which folder?
I suspect you are getting that run in the wrong folder.
Moreover, that $HOME there seems useless.

So, let's assume it's in at /home/name/local_clean/clean_sandbox.py

First step, check manually that it works:
cd /home/name/local_clean/
python clean_sandbox.py -lang:"ar" -family:wikipedia

Does it run? Do you have any problems for eg. not finding the rest of
pywikipediabot?

Then, when creating the script, make it run in that folder:
#!/bin/sh
#$ -j y
#$ -o /dev/null
#$ -l h_rt=00:10:00
#$ -l virtual_free=20M
#$ -wd /home/name/local_clean/clean_sandbox.py
python clean_sandbox.py -lang:"ar" -family:wikipedia

I'd also recommend you to not run it with -o /dev/null the first time,
so you can see the output files if something were wrong.

(I also added there a time limit of 10 minutes to clean the sandbox, and
an arbitrary memory size of 20M, in line with Merlissimo guidelines)