Dr. Trigon wrote:

On 04.03.2012 01:06, Merlissimo wrote:
Some weeks ago i installed a script that removes empty log files
for standard error/output stream after job execution. Many people
used this option to prevent that their homedir contain so many
empty error logs.

Could you may be explain how to use this script you installed?

That was https://jira.toolserver.org/browse/TS-1224. You don't have to care
about it.

Another question I have; Is there a way to finish and start a script
without having to wait until a queue becomes free by re-using to old?
E.g. if I like to restart my ircbot (running for INFTY time) I have
to wait some time until the needed queue becomes available, but what
about just re-using the queue it already had before?

Or is there an alternative way to have such a ircbot script running
continuously without having to wait (e.g. more than 1 minute) during a
restart? Can I trigger a restart (reading the new script from hdd)
while keeping it in the queue?

Thanks again! Greetings
DrTrigon

After the job has finished its slot is used by another job. You can only write some trigger at your programm that automatically restarts itself. E.g. a shell program you submit to sge starts your bot. If the bot script exists its checks the return code and if this is a special value it starts your bot again within a loop.

But this should not be necessary because most of the time enough resources are available especially for jobs either needing low memory or have a short/medium runtime. Only jobs needing both (long runtime and much memory like interwikibots) may need to wait some time because they can onyl run on willow. But this will change when nigtshadeand and yarrow are back.
Most jobs are submitted at the same time on the hour. So there is a peak which
takes only very few minutes. The rest of the hour not so many jobs are
submitted by cron.

I wonder how often an irc bot must be restartet. If it must be restarted
regulary you should not define a infinite runtime.

Merlissimo