https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Participation:Support

If you want to speak or volunteer at a conference, and you need some
help with costs, check out our Participation Support program.  It offers
participation support to Wikimedia community members, i.e. volunteers
contributing to Wikimedia projects such as MediaWiki, for non-Wikimedia
events.

Participation support is reimbursement covering travel, accommodation
and incidental expenses as necessary, in relation with participating in
(as distinct from merely attending) an event or activity.

So, for example, you could apply for Participation Support if you wanted to:

* help staff the open source booth[0] at the Grace Hopper conference,
October 3-6 [1]
* present a poster at Grace Hopper India in December (call closes
September 15th [2])
* speak at the Strata Conference in February (call for talks closes
Sept 30 [3])

If you need ideas for talks, check out the Presentations archive on
wikitech.wikimedia.org[4], and to see what conferences are coming up, I
like the LWN calendar[5].

[0] http://systers.org/systers-dev/doku.php/ghc12fossbooth
[1] http://gracehopper.org/2012/
[2]