On 12/04/13 10:12, Marlen Caemmerer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, Горан Обрадовић wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:55:28
>>
>> Around 2000 (~0.01%) revisions from replicated srwiki_p database seem
>> to be missing on Toolserver.
>>
>> For example, revision 5242120 exists in database[1], but doesn't exist
>> on Toolserver.
>>
>> Does anybody know the reason for this anomaly?
>
> This reminds me of a big bug I was not able to track down.
> It seems we have database inconsistencies quite soon after we setup
> fresh data from WMF db servers.

What kind of inconsistencies? Is it always on the same fields?

> This problem occurs even if we only use the replication integrated into
> MySQL.
>
> I wrote to the database gurus at WMF about that some weeks ago but I got
> no mail back and I dont know how to resolve this issue.

Barring a mysql bug (hopefully unlikely), and given that WMF slaves are
-supposedly- unaffected I can only think in a configuration difference
which is affecting in the interpretation of the replicated statements.
Is toolserver ignoring some tables? I remember a mysql bug where actions
on ignored tables corrupted replication (but I thought it was fixed!).