On 12/28/2013 12:54 AM, Dr. Wolf Ostwald wrote:
> hny to everybody on the reflector !
> today we saw real good condx to the western US here from central EU. But i
> guess the word did not spread fast enough. I sure was missing all the " clear
> channel stations" from the coast.
> VE6SV had a blasting signal here way into daylight. My guess is, that with
> the high solar activity the days with west coast propagation have been few
> from central EU and the interest faded.

And a personal note. You were the first EU I worked on 160 when I moved to CA
in 2006, but I still don't have a response from the card I sent you via the
Bureau. The last thing I'm going to do is respond to your CQ. Thankfully other
DL stations were more courteous.

73, Jim K9YC

Also as a personal note. If I am interested in receiving a QSL from a DX
station, whether for a new country or for an Award. I do not
QSL via the Bureau. I send the card direct!

I found that Wolf was very good at QSLing.

73 de Price W0RI and trustee of W0CKC