Hello Roger,
I got on last and called cq at abt 0630z and worked an F6 and DF2. A few
minutes later worked an EA5. AZ was new state for him.
I'll  take a listen starting abt 0300z but the West coast of EU is so much
easier for from 1 hr before ur your SR and peaking 15 min or so before.
At 0300z if the band is in good condx, we might be able work into Eastern  EU
where I still need a few countries.
BTW, Z60A was copyable for abt 30m before their SR. They worked some east coat
stns and EU. Someone came on and said it was a pirate.
73,Ray,N6VR

-------- Original message --------From: Roger Kennedy
<ro...@wessexproductions.co.uk> Date: 1/31/18  3:03 AM  (GMT-07:00) To:
topband@contesting.com Subject: Topband:  160m DX Activity Night
Well that's interesting that you even ask that !

Personally, I get a buzz out of working ANY DX station on 160m, and North
America is certainly DX on this band.

And it doesn't matter how many times I've worked that station before, it's
still an achievement to me (and as I don't use a Computer Log, unless it's
someone I've worked a lot, I don't usually remember if I've worked them
before anyway).

As far as I'm concerned, working DX means a long distance contact (and on
160m that's anything over 1,000 miles) . . . I'm not even bothered about
working a station on some rare island, when I could be working a station
that's further away - that to me again is more of an achievement!

In terms of whether conditions are good when you come on the band on a
Wednesday, well you'd soon find out !

I personally will come on tonight about 0000Z . . . usually for about an
hour . . . and then again about 0300Z, to see if there's stations further
west.  (there seems no point in coming on at our Sunrise, around 0730, as
there is actually NO peak in signal these days)

Roger G3YRO

  _____