As Tim noted I built the K3LR version of the 3 element parasitic array
this past fall. I used my original and existing shunt fed tower as the
driven element. It is switchable in four directions and I have an
extensive radial system (120 radials)under each element.

My initial assessment indicates a forward gain of around 5 dB and a
minimum F/B of 25 dB. It performs very well from out here in fly over
country.

I am in the process of completing a paper detailing my construction and
experience with the array and will also be presenting this at the Dayton
Antenna Forum on Friday of Dayton.

I have spent the past 10 years improving my 160 meter RX systems here at
W5ZN and had reached a point of needing to improve the TX system beyond a
single shunt fed tower. I struggled with whether to build a stand alone 4
square for 160 meters however the appeal of the parasitic array is that I
could use the existing shunt fed tower to support the T elements without
having to erect an entirely new mechanical structure for a 4 square while
achieving basically the same result. I have been pleased with the
performance for the short few months it has been in operation.

Obviously it doesn't provide the broad bandwidth a 4 square does. I have
about 40 KHz between 1.5:1 points however in reality a 4 square has
limited bandwidth since beyond the resonant points you dump a lot of power
into the dump load!

73 Joel W5ZN