From: Topband <topband-boun...@contesting.com> on behalf of Guy Olinger K2AV
<k2av....@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2019 10:03 AM
To: David Raymond
Cc: TopBand List; Herbert Schoenbohm
Subject: Re: Topband: 30 Ja's worked today on 160

"Nobody on CW" is probably answered better by few people listening and
most not having implemented an automated way to pick up on CW CQ's.
That's sort of built into the usual ham shack blend of FT8 and logging
programs.

In the contests, anyway, even RTTY tests and the recent RTTY roundup
with FT8 admitted to the fray, I see no diminution of participation,
the contests seem to be slowly growing.

The CWOPS weekly hour-long CW contests keep growing, with member ID
numbers well into the 2K range. It seems to have sharply caught on in
the last few years.

73, Guy K2AV