Could be.  I worked my first 80 countries or so on topband with an inverted-Vee, apex at 45' and ends tied off on Saguaro cacti head high.  The transmission line hung straight down parallel to and about a foot or so from the tower.  The tower has some ground rods but no radials and the single set of guys at 20 feet are not insulated.  The vee was originally cut for 80-meters and the choke balun is adequate for that but certainly not 160.

Wes  N7WS