Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 20:25:16 -0700
From: Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Hi Z amplifiers for 160m

<Didn't review your math, but the more important question is, "how old is
<your noise data?"  In my experience trying to work EU on Topband now as
<compared to c.a. 2007-8 is vastly more difficult thanks to higher noise
<levels on both ends. Back then I could work EU on CW; now, with better
<antennas, I need the 10 dB advantage of FT8. In the past six seasons
<I've heard six EU/U.K. stations on CW, two were able to hear me. And
<those were all during one of this season's contest.

<Bottom line -- if your noise data is ten years old, I'd add 10 dB to it;
<if it's older, probably more.

<73, Jim K9YC

##  Clearly  whats  required  is a long  overdue  increase  in TX  power
limits  on  160  band...and  also  80+40.
That  or  arrl legal  remote  RXs.....  pick  one.

Jim     VE7RF