Steve,
Here in Virginia although I made a few European contacts around 0300 the
band didn't really open until their sunrise grayline around 0400 and was
best for me around 0500.  I only managed around 30 Europeans this year
compared to 70 in Spring 2020 Stew.  I share your observation about the
level of activity but not the condition of the band.  Lots of static and
QSB made it much harder to get the 30 Europeans than the 70 in 2020!
73,
Ken - K4XL

--
Ken - K4XL