On 4/26/2024 2:10 PM, Wes Stewart via Topband wrote:
  Stepping back onto the soapbox.
Gilles writes: " Is the rules even is not good hamspirit for a simple click to
sent the batch of DX'pedition QSO to LOTW server 6 mouth after date.

I think this sums up what I was commenting on before.  The members of DXpeditons spend
personal funds, foundations, corporate sponsors and individual donors provide more funds,
yet there can still be a shortfall.  The team endures hardships galore that I won't try
to document to provide us with new entities and excitement.  Their last chance of
financial recovery is via QSL requests and yet some say, "Why should I pay for a
simple mouse click?"

That's true; however, rember that you aren't simply paying for a "simple
mouse click"; you're also paying for:

a) all those hours you spent in the pileup with no pay forthcoming
except, assuming you shells out a few extra greenbacks, a pretty
fanchey-schmanchey postcard that's been run through a printer somewhere;

b) all the electrons that went up through your power cord, got speeded
up from 60 Hz (or DC from batteries or photons, in the case of
solar-powered guys like myself) into ham band energy;

c) all the hours of filament and cathode-depletion of your 6146s or
572Bs or 3CX800s or 8877s or 4CX1000s or even your LDMOSes or FETs;

d) And just how many thousands did you spend on putting up that huge
tower with the multi-kilobuck antler waving in the breeze at the top,
not to mention your multi-kilobuck fanchey-schmanchey radio??

All of that costs each of us some bread, even if we don't tabulate it on
an invoice.

And folks still bitch, moan and groan about shelling out a couple or a
few greenbacks for a confirmation...

Personally, I don't mind contributing a couple of Lincolns or maybe a
couple of Hamiltons or even a Jackson or two toward DXpeditions that are
going to get me closer to either 160 DXCC (obligatory Topband content
8-) or the Honor Roll.

BUT.... I do draw the line at contributing to a DXpedition, like the
present Glorioso one, that states outright they do NOT intend to operate
any CW. That just rubs me entirely the wrong way, not to mention the
fact that I will never be able to work and count them, regardless of how
INDEXA or the NCDXF feel about such mode restrictions, and is the reason
I cannot, and will not, fully support either of those organizations.
Would I feel the same way if they said, instead, that they will not
operate any digital, or even voice, but only CW?? No, of course not;
that's fair game, to me, since my only interest is CW, and who needs
those other modes??  8-D

Steve, K0XP