Jeff;  In Composer, deleting the superproperty should also delete the
subproperty.  Warnings will also be given if the property is involved
in restrictions, etc.  Not a bad idea to allow opening a property from
the Search window.

In the meantime, you can put the name of any resource in the text box
above the form (which shows the name of the selected resource).  Hit
return and it will appear in the form.  Command completion is very
useful in this box (and other places), as you can effectively "search"
for something if you know the first few characters of the name.

-- Scott