Hi Bernard,

one might argue both directions. On the one hand side, same instances
should be suppressed (if you interpret the "count" as the number of
distinct instances. On the other hand, the count may be the number of
rdf:type triples for that class, in which case the current behavior is
correct.

In TBC I did not implement option 1 due to performance reasons. If we
would have to distinguish same objects, then we would need to walk
through a complete result set, while if we just accumulate statistics
then it's enough to just ask the triple store for the number of
matches - an operation that is significantly faster than walking
through them all.

Holger