I would like to experiment with named graphs in Composer. My goal is to move a
number of file-based ontologies into named graphs in a tdb instance and manage
them in tdb as named graphs.

I created a tdb database in Composer and opened it.  I assume I can use the
SPARQL editor to interact with the TDB instance and create (multiple) named
graphs and populate them.

After creating the TDB instance, I executed SPARQL queries to create a named
graph, insert data into it, and query it, but is does not seem to work as I
expect it to.

Here are the queries that I ran in sequential order:

CREATE GRAPH <http://bedrock.com/test>
(no errors)

INSERT DATA {GRAPH <http://bedrock.com/test>{<http://bedrock.com#fred>
<http://bedrock.com#name> "Fred Flintstone". <http://bedrock.com#wilma>
<http://bedrock.com#name> "Wilma Flintstone". }}
(no errors)

SELECT * FROM <http://bedrock.com/test> WHERE {?s ?p ?o}
(This results in "failure to retrieve query results.)

...So since that did not work, I then tried importing a graph from the
workspace into TDB using "Import RDF Files into a new TDB";  however the import
wizard does not let me add files to import into TDB.
So that did not work either.

...Then I tried the SPARQL Load INTO GRAPH command.

LOAD <FILE://.../my.ttl> INTO GRAPH <http://mygraph>

SELECT * FROM <http://mygraph> WHERE {?s ?p ?o}

And that worked fine and I loaded a few more rdf files, one into the default
graph and the rest into named graphs.

Then returning to try inserting into the default graph, I was successful with

INSERT DATA {<http://bedrock.com#fred> <http://bedrock.com#name> "Fred
Flintstone". <http://bedrock.com#wilma> <http://bedrock.com#name> "Wilma
Flintstone". }
SELECT * WHERE {?s ?p ?o}

I think that my assumption that a TDB database in the Composer workspace would
work like a project containing multiple models is probably wrong.

I have a couple of questions:
1) Is the intended use in Composer that you only have one graph per TDB
instance?
2) If multiple graphs are allowed, and I create multiple named graphs in a TDB
instance, is there a way to switch between these named graphs in Composer?
3) Is INSERT DATA only supported for the default graph, and not into a named
graph?

Thanks.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/topbraid-users?hl=en