Irene and Holger,

Thank you for the replies. That would certainly match one of the contexts
of my question very well. That context is where the value of one property
is dependent on the value of another property (in your example, the value
for ex:country determines the choices for the values of ex:state).

A second scenario is where a numeric value of one property is dependent on
an expression involving the value of another property:

- there is a class ex:Object
- there is another property ex:velocity
- there is another property ex:mass
- there is a property ex:momentum = ex:velocity x ex:mass

The values of these properties might be classes (e.g., Velocity or Mass)
but at least we could require that they be Velocity or Mass of the same
Object.

My original question (a third scenario), however, was even broader
(inter-class rather than intra-class dependencies):

- there is a class ex:MomentumConservationOfEnergyStaticCollision
- with a property ex:object1 (range ex:Object)
- with a property ex:object2 (range ex:Object)
- with a property ex:newVelocity = ex:object1 :momentum / ex:object2 :mass

Now we have a situation where, given instances of Object o1 and o2, with
their respective masses and velocities, we could calculate a new velocity
given a static collision. This is obviously a fictitious example but the
idea is to determine the value of a property based on the values of another
class'es property. Would the same mechanism you described apply in this
case as well?

Jack

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:33:23 PM UTC-7, Jack Hodges wrote:

> I was wondering if TBC supports the notion of value dependencies. For
> example, I might want to say the following:
>
> if <someClass>.<someProperty> has a value, then
> <thisClass>.<someOtherProperty> must be in this range
> otherwise <thisClass>.<someOtherProperty> must be in this other range.
>
> I have written it as a rule because dependencies generally look like
> rules. Does SPIN allow us to capture these kinds of dependencies?
>
> Jack

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/topbraid-users?hl=en
---