Dear all, thx for all your inputs.

I understand that all restrictions on a class are true for all its subclasses.

But indeed,  a domain, is a restriction for a property. (Irene, why do you talk
about “in the domain of a class”…isn’t it better to talk about the domain of a
property?)

So I understand now that this is not necc. true for all subclasses (only
“likely” and hence the GUI things..).

(I assume now that it DOES effect on all subproperties (so that the domain is
also true for all subproperties, hampering potential reuse (of properties)
etc.))

Gr Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Bohms
Sr. Research Scientist
Structural Reliability

T +31 (0)88 866 31 07
M +31 (0)63 038 12 20
E michel.bo...@tno.nl<mailto:michel.bo...@tno.nl>

Location<http://www.tno.nl/locaties/DTM>

[cid:image001.gif@01CF8ECC.1480ED60]<http://www.tno.nl/>

This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are
not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are
requested to inform the sender and delete the message. TNO accepts no liability
for the content of this e-mail, for the manner in which you use it and for
damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent to the electronic
transmission of messages.