Irene,

That is what I was trying to use (import to current ontology) but I
probably had the spreadsheet syntax wrong. Then I found in the
documentation how to do it and tried that. Here are a couple of lines from
the file:

  biomed-symp:Symptom biomed-symp:involvesProperty  obo:SYMP_0000008
quantity:Wavelength  obo:SYMP_0000012 quantity:Wavelength  obo:SYMP_0000018
quantity:Wavelength  obo:SYMP_0000019 quantity:SoundPowerLevel
Note that the items in the first column are classes, not instances (i.e.,
they are subclasses of biomed-symp:Symotom). When I run the import on this
file I get the dialog that says that the "Spreadsheet import successful"
but then get an error "Could not import spreadsheet" (I am not sure why it
says spreadsheet when it is a tab-delimited file but that is beside the
point). Also, the "Preview Spreadsheet" dialog stays after you hit the
"Finish" button, even after the other dialog has come and gone. And the
"Finish" button remains enabled. You should probably put it on your endless
list of things to do to fix this. I seem to recall this has been a problem
for many iterations. The import is taking a long time so I don't actually
know whether it is working this time.

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:49:00 AM UTC-7, Jack Hodges wrote:

> I have a tab-delimited file that defines a set of properties as follows:
>
> S1 predicate O1
> S1 predicate O2
> S2 predicate O2
> S2 predicate O4
>
> I have used tab-delimited files in import, before, but it was always to
> create new instances. In this case I just want to add properties to
> existing classes. Using import tab-delimited doesn't appear to be the right
> approach for this. What is? Thank you.
>
> Jack

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/topbraid-users?hl=en