Please note that this error only occurs with 4.4. The tree opens with 4.2.
I can see that the complaint is a character in the URI but I didn't put it
there so I am confused.

But I am more concerned that I cannot open the resource once I select the
tree item (timeout). The URI generated seems fine from my javascript alert.
And I am even more concerned that my facets views are not opening. My
javascript alerts show that startFacets, buildFacetURL, and createFacet are
being run.

Jack

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:21:21 PM UTC-7, Holger Knublauch wrote:

>  Hi Jack,
>
> could you send us the complete stack trace (in the TBC Error Log)?
>
> Thanks
> Holger
>

> On 7/9/2014 9:18, Jack Hodges wrote:
>
> I have been building an interface for the models I am working with using
> SWP. I based in on the demos we built for NASA. I am using a
> ClassTreeDataProvider in the west area and a facets view in the center.
> With 4.2 I get the tree to display and open but selected items never
> display (spinning browser cursor until I kill the window or until it says
> that the server took too long to respond). With 4.4 I get the tree to
> display but when I try to open it I get the error shown in the attached
> screen grab. In neither case do I get the facets. I put some javascript
> alerts into various places so that I could see what is going on (make sure
> the resources were correct and that the URLs being generated were
> reasonable) and they are working and looking ok. So it is a mystery to me
> right now. I have a SPARQL query that traverses the properties associated
> with the facets and it works fine. I can also select the items in the
> navigation tree (that would be opened in the ClassTreeDataProvider) and
> they show just fine though maybe they take a while to open (but not that
> long that a web page would time out).
>
> Any guesses? Thanks for any feedback!
>
> Jack
>  --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/topbraid-users?hl=en
> ---
> email to topbraid-user...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/topbraid-users?hl=en
---
Exception Stack Trace:

java.io.IOException: Failed to execute SWP engine
        at org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.XMLEngine.run(XMLEngine.java:109)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.servlet.SWPServletUtil.runUncached(SWPServletUtil.java:746)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.servlet.SWPServletUtil.run(SWPServletUtil.java:502)
        at org.topbraidlive.swp.servlet.SWPServlet.run(SWPServlet.java:169)
        at org.topbraidlive.swp.servlet.SWPServlet.run(SWPServlet.java:150)
        at org.topbraidlive.swp.servlet.SWPServlet.run(SWPServlet.java:132)
        at org.topbraidlive.swp.servlet.SWPServlet.doGet(SWPServlet.java:61)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:735)
        at
org.topbraid.auth.servlet.TBAuthEnabledServlet.service(TBAuthEnabledServlet.java:38)
        at
org.topbraid.eclipsex.servlet.TBHttpServlet.service(TBHttpServlet.java:125)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:128)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:60)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.service(HttpServerManager.java:386)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:684)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:501)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:229)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:428)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:494)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:971)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1033)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:667)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to construct SWP argument
http://spinrdf.org/arg#parent at template
<ui:call arg:filterFunction="{= ui:param(&quot;filterFunction&quot;,
rdfs:Resource) }" arg:parent="{= ui:decodeNode(swa:removeUniqueId(?id)) }"
ui:template="{= ?treeChildrenTemplate }">
    <swa:TreeDataProviderHelper arg:parentId="{= ?id }" ui:resultSet="{= ?rs
}"/>
</ui:call>
 in query SELECT
<http://uispin.org/ui#decodeNode>(<http://topbraid.org/swa#removeUniqueId>(?id))
WHERE
  {  }

        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.evaluateQueryArguments(SWPEngine.java:853)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.evaluateArguments(SWPEngine.java:744)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.createNodes(SWPEngine.java:502)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.createNodes(SWPEngine.java:491)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.addChildNodes(SWPEngine.java:291)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.control.internal.ElseControlElement.run(ElseControlElement.java:26)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.createNodes(SWPEngine.java:532)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.createNodes(SWPEngine.java:491)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.addChildNodes(SWPEngine.java:291)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.control.internal.GroupControlElement.run(GroupControlElement.java:20)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.createNodes(SWPEngine.java:532)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.createNodesFromPrototype(SWPEngine.java:613)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.createNodes(SWPEngine.java:527)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.createNodes(SWPEngine.java:491)
        at org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.run(SWPEngine.java:1113)
        at org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.XMLEngine.run(XMLEngine.java:103)
        ... 36 more
Caused by: com.hp.hpl.jena.query.QueryParseException: Lexical error at line 1,
column 2.  Encountered: "l" (108), after : "&"
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.util.ExprUtils.parse(ExprUtils.java:132)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.util.ExprUtils.parse(ExprUtils.java:106)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.functions.internal.DecodeNodeFunction.run(DecodeNodeFunction.java:38)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.functions.internal.DecodeNodeFunction.exec(DecodeNodeFunction.java:29)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.arq.AbstractFunction1.exec(AbstractFunction1.java:22)
        at org.topbraid.spin.arq.AbstractFunction.exec(AbstractFunction.java:93)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.expr.E_Function.evalSpecial(E_Function.java:71)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.expr.ExprFunctionN.eval(ExprFunctionN.java:102)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.core.VarExprList.get(VarExprList.java:82)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIterAssign.accept(QueryIterAssign.java:68)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIterProcessBinding.hasNextBinding(QueryIterProcessBinding.java:64)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIteratorBase.hasNext(QueryIteratorBase.java:112)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIterConvert.hasNextBinding(QueryIterConvert.java:59)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIteratorBase.hasNext(QueryIteratorBase.java:112)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIteratorWrapper.hasNextBinding(QueryIteratorWrapper.java:40)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIteratorBase.hasNext(QueryIteratorBase.java:112)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIteratorWrapper.hasNextBinding(QueryIteratorWrapper.java:40)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIteratorBase.hasNext(QueryIteratorBase.java:112)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.ResultSetStream.hasNext(ResultSetStream.java:75)
        at
org.topbraid.spin.swp.engine.SWPEngine.evaluateQueryArguments(SWPEngine.java:827)
        ... 51 more

Session Data:

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_51
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

This is a continuation of log file
C:\Users\Z003CRRZ\TBCMEWorkspaceSSSF-4.4\.metadata\.bak_0.log
Created Time: 2014-07-09 11:54:59.418