TBL is setup to be accessed with basic auth. The http call made by
PostRequest also is using another basic auth. But the stack trace shows
Connection refused, how can this be related to authentication?

The TBL is installed in a Tomcat which has the http proxy jvm parameters
configured, and all 3 internet web services called from TBL worked for a
while.

I will confirm Monday the parametrization of PostRequest, it demands
application/xml media type but stores it in a xsd:string rather than an XML
literal as far as i remember.

It is possible for concurrent requests on the TBL scenario but since it
consistently refused, I am sure part of those attempts did not interfere
with others.

Plus on the TBC scenario it was no other concurrent.