I am trying to build faceted search across standard models/repositories. In
this case the classes are terminals for the repository and contain all the
information an instance would carry. For example, in the obolibrary DOID,
disease obo:DOID_9352 is fully populated with content, and the disease is
unlikely to be subclassed or instantiated.

My understanding is that these classes can participate in faceted search
under certain circumstances. First, they have to subclassed under one of my
classes. Also, for classes to be facetable they need to carry properties
and look like resources.

I created namespaces such as the following for Symptoms:

    http://siemens.com/1.0/vocab/biomed-symp

and a prefix for it: biomed-symp. I created a class called Symptom and then
subclassed several (for the purposes of a demo) of the classes in the
obolibrary (e.g., obo:SYMP_0000455) to biomed-symp:Symptom. I did the same
for diseases (etc.). I created facets to bridge the repositories, such as
biomed-symp:involvesDisease, that I hung off biomed-symp:Symptom in the
defaultFacets property.

In the vocabulary, I added these properties (e.g,. obo:SYMP_0000455
biomed-symp:involvesDisease obo:DOID_9352).

Unfortunately this approach isn't working, so I haven't gone far enough in
one way or another, and figure that you guys might know how to do it. Any
help would be appreciated as faceted search is very important to this
project. My faceted search in other parts of the project, created the same
way but on class instances, are working fine.

Jack