Irene,

Thank you for the reply. FYI, the EMF link you provided is dead.

You are correct, EA claims that their export cannot be read in Eclipse but
the quote I found on the second link you provided is slightly different:
"Enterprise
Architect supports a UML 2 export, which produces an XML file valid to the
OMG’s UML specification. Nevertheless, it is not possible to open it with
an UML editor of Eclipse without any modifications, because the Eclipse
implementation of the UML2 metamodel differs in some places."

Anyway, that isn't terribly important. I had already tried the first link
and the page for one of the downloads is dead so I could not take that
path. I had not seen the second link before and will try that solution out.
I have also found a python approach that converts XMI to UML2 and will try
that as well.

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:12:56 PM UTC-8, Jack Hodges wrote:

> I have a set of UML models created in Enterprise Architect that I'd like
> to import into TBC. I have read the various statements here and in the help
> files, etc. I have tried exporting from EA to most of its possible file
> types using 'export model to XMI'. I tried 'export type' XMI 2.1 as well as
> UML 2.4.1 (XMI 2.4.1), Ecore, UML 2.0 (XMI 2.1), and MOF 1.4 (XMI 1.2). The
> question I have is: how do I convert the XMI file into the UML format TBC
> requires to perform the import. The documentation doesn't spell this out at
> least as far as I have been able to tell so far.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/topbraid-users?hl=en
---