Hi Jack,

on the syntactic issue of escaping characters in SWP, you could wrap this piece of logic into a SPIN function where you can edit the spin:body in normal SPARQL syntax. Then just call the function in SWP, and this will also resolve the need to repeatedly write the same stuff.

Your email indicates that you have the logic running in the SPARQL window, so the trick above may allow you to take the next hurdle.

HTH
Holger