It may also be a security problem. You need to set your Security and Privacy to
“Allow apps dowloaded from anywhere”. If this option does not show up on the
Security and Privacy dialog, then follow instructions here:
https://howchoo.com/g/yty3mdvkyty/how-to-download-apps-from-anywhere-in-macos-sierra