Is there a sensible way to manage a text file in EDG?

One option would be the equivalent of  SXML - where every line is an
entitiy with a line number and string value - and its a matter of ordering
to recreate.

(i.e. if a SPARQLmotion script is appending to a file in a loop, can I make
it write to an EDG managed asset )

I'd like ultimately for EDG  workflows to be able to review the outputs of
such scripts or renderings when editing the underlying ontology that drives
the procedure, so they need to be able to control the disposition of the
data and recall it...