Hi Ralph & Irene,

Thank you for a thoughtful discussion.  That was a great insight regarding
inherited property shapes.  I will implement the mapsToClass and
mapsToProperty pattern.  This should enable me to provide the required user
experience and to build some consistency checks.

Also, thank you for the recommendation example.  I always struggle with
business term vs formal ontology.  In this case, I chose an ontology
because I sometimes turn the data into triples so I can use SHACL to
validate the data, try to answer business questions, etc...  It's an
on-going experiment as to what to use when.  I'd really like to create a
wiki-like environment where I can crowd source knowledge around the classes
or instances of the ontology but that's another project for another day.

Oh, thanks for pointing out the misuse of edg:foreignKey.  I'm still
learning the EDG ontologies and discovered my error when I went to
implement my diagram.  Ooops :)

Tim