Hi,

I created a Data Graph asset to contain instances of edg:People.  These
people are involved in processes, activities, etc... so I thought it would
be best to put them in a single graph rather than create them throughout a
number of graphs.

I imported EDG Shapes Core into the Data Graph.  I switched to the Classes
and Instances view and I can see all the classes.  However, I cannot create
instances since the New button in the Instances panel is greyed out.  It's
likely this is due to edg:Person not being declared a public class for
GraphQL.

Should I import another ontology if I want to create instances of Person?
I can add the the public declaration in another ontology (I tried it and it
worked) but that doesn't seem to be in the spirit of EDG.

Thanks,

Tim

[image: image.png]