55 is the arg:min being passed to that main menu section:
    <teamwork:MainMenuSection arg:id="primary-nav-section-governance"
                                      arg:label="Governance Model"
                                      arg:min="55"
                                      ui:args="*"/>

So I believe that would be the most appropriate value to put on the tab you
wish to have first on that list.

But, ultimately, it just needs to be the lowest value relative to the rest
of the items in the list. I believe 104 is the swa:tabIndex of the
'Governance Areas' page, which is why 100 works for you.

Hope it helps,
Pat