De : topcased-users-boun...@gforge.enseeiht.fr
[mailto:topcased-users-boun...@gforge.enseeiht.fr] De la part de Topcased user
list where issues are discussed
Envoyé : vendredi 10 février 2012 11:19
À : topcased-us...@gforge.enseeiht.fr
Objet : Re: [Topcased-users] Integration with BIRT

Dear TopCased Community,

a question concerning traceability. I am using the currently newest version of
TopCased, version 5.1.

We now have finished the requirements analysis phase.
The necessary UML diagrams have been generated and a number of current
requirements are specified.

Within the same model we now enter the Software architectural phase.
The results of the requirements analysis phase are the input.
We generated some UML components specifying SW-Groups and SW-Modules.
We assigned tasks (low-level requirements) to the SW-Modules.

We now have to generate the traceability between the low-level requirements of
the SW-Modules and the current requirements specified during the requirements
analysis phase.

How does this work within TopCased? I am not able to recognize a mechanism
within TopCased to generate the desired traceability.

Within the generated current Requirements there is a parameter Allocate, which
is currently empty. Shall that parameter be used to generate the traceability
between current Requirements of the Requirements Analysis phase and the
low-level requirements of the SW-Modules?

I guess there shall be no break between Requirements Analysis and Software
Development phase. Does the TopCased community provide a solution for that
problem?

Best regards

Franz Schöttl