Tor Browser 7.5.1 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page [1]
and also from our distribution directory [2].

This release features important security updates [3] to Firefox.

In addition to security updates to Firefox (52.7.0esr) this release
includes newer versions of Tor ( [4]), NoScript (, and
obfs4proxy (0.0.7).

Moreover, we fixed sandbox incompatibilities for 64bit Windows Vista
users [5] and amended the NoScript whitelist [6], which unbreaks
extension panels on higher security levels.

Note: We did not include the latest HTTPS Everywhere release in
Tor Browser 7.5.1 as we need to first test some changes in its new build
system [7] in an alpha release to make sure we still can build everything
reproducibly. We expect to have this fixed in the next stable release,
though. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The full changelog since Tor Browser 7.5 is:

 * All platforms
   * Update Firefox to 52.7.0esr
   * Update Tor to
   * Update Torbutton to
     * Bug 24159: Version check does not deal with platform specific checks
     * Bug 25016: Remove 2017 donation banner
     * Translations update
   * Update Tor Launcher to
     * Bug 25089: Special characters are not escaped in proxy password
     * Translations update
   * Update NoScript to
   * Bug 25356: Update obfs4proxy to v0.0.7
   * Bug 25000: Add [System+Principal] to the NoScript whitelist
 * Windows
   * Bug 25112: Disable sandboxing on 64-bit Windows <= Vista

tor-announce mailing list