#33973: Create fat .aar for geckoview
-------------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  gk                                   |          Owner:  gk
     Type:  task                                 |         Status:
                                                 |  assigned
 Priority:  Medium                               |      Milestone:
Component:  Applications/Tor Browser             |        Version:
 Severity:  Normal                               |     Resolution:
 Keywords:  tbb-mobile, tbb-rbm,                 |  Actual Points:
  TorBrowserTeam202004, GeorgKoppen202004        |
Parent ID:  #33626                               |         Points:
 Reviewer:                                       |        Sponsor:
-------------------------------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by gk):

 Replying to [comment:6 gk]:
 > Seems I am running into issues:
 > {{{
 > 07:23 <+GeKo> boklm: another question: we have arch specific
 dependencies in the
 >               input_files (the genneral ones, not for the steps part) to
 build the
 >               per arch .aar, e.g. the rust compiler or the mozconfig
 files. how make
 >               i those available?
 > 07:23 <+GeKo> right now i only get a weird non-descriptive error
 > 07:26 <+GeKo> Error: Missing filename:
 > 07:26 <+GeKo> { name => "[% c(\"var/compiler\") %]", project => "[%
 >               c(\"var/compiler\") %]",
 > 07:27 <+GeKo> }
 > 07:42 <+GeKo> boklm: oh, i actually see a different error if i remove
 the compiler
 >               project: https://paste.debian.net/1142722/
 > 07:42 <+GeKo> which is not really more descriptive, though :)
 > 07:43 <+GeKo> fwiw, that's with my bug_33973
 > 07:45 <+GeKo> oh, and i get it again if i have the compiler project
 removed _and_
 >               the mozconfig part, weird
 > 07:50 <+GeKo> and once rust/cbindgen deps are removed additionally i am
 past that
 >               breakage
 > }}}

 Okay, some process update. That got solved by specifying `torbrowser-
 android-all` in `rbm.conf`. But then I ran into:
 {{{
 Finished build of project geckoview - geckoview-0dfb56be3c95-android-
 armv7-5a3e0a
 Using file /home/gk/tor-browser-build/out/geckoview/geckoview-0dfb56be3c95
 -android-armv7-5a3e0a
 Using file /home/gk/tor-browser-build/out/geckoview/geckoview-0dfb56be3c95
 -android-armv7-5a3e0a
 Using file /home/gk/tor-browser-build/out/geckoview/geckoview-0dfb56be3c95
 -android-armv7-5a3e0a
 Using file /home/gk/tor-browser-build/out/geckoview/geckoview-0dfb56be3c95
 -android-armv7-5a3e0a
 rmdir: failed to remove '/srv/home/gk/tor-browser-build/tmp/rbm-CImP7X
 /rbm-
 containers/c77fb04e301ae68b9658a685734e5dbd8a6d46eb4d0ee7bb339f1c723bb9528a':
 No such file or directory
 Error: Error starting remote:

 ls: cannot access '/srv/home/gk/tor-browser-build/tmp/rbm-ABnir/container-
 image_*': No such file or directory
 Can't find container image in input files
 total 535100
 -rw-r--r-- 1 gk gk  52608651 Apr 24 14:19 geckoview-0dfb56be3c95-android-
 armv7-5a3e0a
 -rw-r--r-- 1 gk gk 495327146 Apr 21 15:37 geckoview-0dfb56be3c95.tar.gz
 }}}
 So, for one using four times `armv7` is weird and wrong. It turned out
 boklm found the bug in my config in that `target_prepend` is supposed to
 be an array. After fixing that and rebuilding everything with commit
 `9e4ec0dd1a256de2b75923daa5be0e40996dac48` on `bug_33973` I am still
 running into the second problem shown in the debug output above. That can
 easily be solved by adding `container-image` to the `input_files`, too.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/33973#comment:8>
Tor Bug Tracker & Wiki <https://trac.torproject.org/>
The Tor Project: anonymity online
_______________________________________________
tor-bugs mailing list
tor-bugs@lists.torproject.org
https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-bugs

Reply via email to