> On 10 Jan 2018, at 22:22, Beastr0 <beas...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> T,
>
> I'm interested in helping you guys with Tor development. I don't really care
> what I work on, except I do not support .onion websites (though I am willing
> to be convinced otherwise) so I would prefer not to participate directly in
> their development.

That's fine. People are free to work on what they like.
Convincing people to support Tor features is not a topic for this list :-)

> I have plenty of experience with writing code for networks and for various
> calculations, as well a few programs for file handling. Yeah, I'm familiar
> with git, I've used it before on several projects. I think for now I'm going
> to stick with Tor networking, for the time being.

Sounds great!
Are there any particular parts of Tor you want to help improve?
(Clients, Relays, Exits? IPv6?)

Do you want a suggestion?

I am working on making it easier for external libraries to use Tor's
hard-coded directory lists:

The next task is to split the directory authority list into its own file:

And then after that, we want to generate the lists in a standard format.
This would be a good way to learn how Tor contacts the network when it
starts up.

> I've already got Tor up and running in a vm on my machine. Should I also try
> to contact dgoulet (assigned to bug triage for the week) as well as taking
> look at those tickets?

dgoulet is on this list.

(We do almost all our development in public. Contacting people
directly means that only one person can help you.)

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n