OVH and OVH resellers do seem to have some insane prices.

On the other end, the waterfilling assumption we were working off of was a
water level of 10Mbps. A server that can sustain that seems quite cheap. In
fact, a quick Google search for “cheap vps” yielded this offer of a VPS with
one IPv4 address and a 1Gbps port capped at 2TB/month for $0.63/month:
<>>. 2TB/month is about
6Mbps sustained, which falls below the supposed water level and thus gets fully
allocated to guard probability. Thus to achieve in waterfilling a total guard
probability equal to that of 1Gbps relay in today’s Tor (taking into account
the 1/3 loss of bandwidth to the middle position in today’s Tor), one could run
1000*(2/3)/6 ~= 112 of these at $71/month. This would be cheaper than the price
below of $100/month for 1Gbps.

Can we get even lower attacking either system…? :-)