Am Mittwoch, 5. August 2015 13:26 schrieb Tim Sammut
<[email protected]>:
Thank you for the note, Roman.
On 08/05/2015 12:07 PM, Roman Mamedov wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 10:58:30 +0100
Tim Sammut <[email protected]> wrote:
That said, it raises the partially-rhetorical question: should I
spend
my $x/month on running a relay or could that money be better used
in
other places?
Generally depends on if you are getting a good deal on bandwidth,
i.e. how
many terabytes per month for your $x. But I see you are running a
relay in
Costa Rica, where servers and bandwidth must be much more expensive
than e.g.
in Europe. I'm not sure how useful a relay in an exotic location, if
it's
expensive to run and pushes very little traffic. Maybe others can
comment.
I think it is reasonably priced; $20USD/month for unmetered 100Mb/s.
I am willing to contribute money to Tor because I believe in what it
supports. I also believe in small and local businesses, which is why
I
have the relay in CR where I lived at the time.
Now thats great! If youre able to run a relay in "exotic Places" you
should do so imho. It increases diversity of the whole network. So far
its more beneficial as running a relay in high density areas or more
common places! Just as using small business provider instead of the
common big and maybe cheaper ones.
_______________________________________________
tor-relays mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-relays