> On Jan 13, 2019, at 18:03, teor <t...@riseup.net> wrote:
>

> On 14 Jan 2019, at 09:32, ronqtorrel...@risley.net wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. I'm curious what, in the consensus, suggests that I'm too far from
>> the Authority Servers? I don't know how to read that page; I can't even
>> figure out what units they're using to report bandwidth.
>
> It's a unitless amount due to scaling, but it starts as kilobytes per second.

Good to know.

>> One of the relays is one hop away (via a lightly-loaded terabit switch) from
>> the (formerly known as) Level3 tier 1 network, so should have excellent
>> peering worldwide unless CenturyLink has degraded it since their acquisition
>> last year. The other sits two or three hops (depending, apparently, on the
>> phase of the moon) from the tier 1 network run by Telia. So, at least with
>> my limited understanding of internet topography, they should both be
>> topologically close to most hosts worldwide.
>
> So your guards have slightly lower than average utilisation:
> 1 Mbps / 5.1 Mbps = 20%
> 1.2 Mbps / 7.4 Mbps = 16%
>
> I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Okay, I'll try to lose the inferiority complex around my bandwidth usage.
Mostly trying to make sure I wasn't doing anything silly that was causing my
surplus bandwidth to go to waste.

> On 14 Jan 2019, at 09:49, niftybunny <ab...@to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:
>
>> If you really want to know how much Tor will give you, run it as an Exit.
>> Tor will love you and gives you every bit of traffic it has. Please don’t do
>> this from home or if you are not sure what you are doing etc . (insert big
>> fat disclaimer)

Unfortunately, I can't do an exit at either of these sites. I'm actively
working to line up a site that will support an exit.

Thanks to you both for the information.

--r