Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-torque Wiki" for
change notification.

The following page has been changed by ThomasFischer:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/NextRelease

The comment on the change is:
Removed suggestions that are already implemented

  = Development information =
-
- == Planned for the next release ==
-
-  * remove the old, deprecated and buggy !ConnectionPool - '''done'''
-  * drop support for idMethod = sequence | autoincrement - '''done'''
-  * add scale attribute for columns - '''done'''
-  * Add support for outer joins - '''done'''
-  * Add some basic schema support at runtime and generate time - '''done'''
-  * add domain element to schema.xml (name, type, javaType, size, scale) -
'''done'''
-    * the domains can be reused in any column
-    * this allows to map jdbc types to domains and solves the problem with
definitions like BIGINT = NUMBER (20, 0)
-  * add platform package to replace db.prop files - '''done'''
-  * add generation of simple beans for data objects. Generate methods to
convert data objects into beans and vice versa - '''done'''

  == Further Suggestions ==

-  * Allow override of database name at generation time - '''done'''
     * If specified the torque.database.name property should be user rather
than name attribute of the database tag.  This would make it much easier to
handle multiple instances of an application on a single system, e.g. dev and
test database instances being generated from a single schema.
   * Is it just me or are a number of the torque properties required to be
declared outside of the file referred to in torque.contextProperties?  Could
the Torque Maven plugin read the properties in as well, making it so that
project.properties need only define torque.contextProperties?  This would make
it much easier to handle multiple application instances built from the same
environment (I run a number of filters across my properties file to customise
it for the application/database instance I am generating before I execute the
generator).
   *  Provide for an encoding attribute on the database element - to be used in
create database statement for PostgreSQL (and presumably others).
@@ -25, +11 @@

  -- ScottEade 2003-10-09

   * The jdbc target (torque:jdbc goal in Maven-speak) needs to generate the
correct DDL SQL for PostgreSQL serial columns (see: ["PostgreSQLFAQ"]) --
?ScottEade 2004-08-20
-
- ----
-
-  * Modify the equals method in class BaseObjet to not only test primary key
but objet class to. With torque 3.1, 2 Torque's objets of different class but
with the same primary key are considered "equals".
-
- -- CL 2003-11-09

  ----