Hello,

Why don't You put the torque.properties file in WEB-INF/classes/ and load it like this:
if(!Torque.isInit())
{
PropertiesConfiguration pc = new PropertiesConfiguration();
pc.load( this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("torque.properties") );
Torque.init(pc);
}
This way You don't have to hardcode any path and it will work on any deployment.
I use this in a Servlet but I don't see why it wouldn't work in a jsp too.

Best regards,
Andras.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Torque.init() requires an absolute pathname. It's a bummer.

I put the true pathname in another properties file so that I do not have to
hard-code it in the program. This does mean, however, that I have to know
the absolute path where, in my case, Tomcat is installed. Here is my
initialisation code

       apiResources = ResourceBundle.getBundle("betapi");
       if (!Torque.isInit()) {
           String configFile = apiResources.getString
("betapi.torqueconfig");
           try {
               Torque.init(configFile);
           } catch (TorqueException e) {
                 context.log(e,"Cannot initalise Torque: " + e.toString()
);
               e.printStackTrace(System.err);
               System.exit(1);
           }
       }

and betapi.properties contains:
     betapi.torqueconfig=
/users/rxm1676/workspace/pmfeditor/WEB-INF/classes/Torque.properties

In cases where I build on one machine but run on another I have a little shell script that that runs on installation. It tracks down the appropriate line in betapi.properties and adjusts it so suit where the code is actually installed.