For the record, the "proper" way to do this since Torque
3.2 is to use the size and scale attributes. (Though the
older size=(size,scale) is still supported).

One thing that can cause the SAX parsing exception is if
the DTD specified in the DOCTYPE of your schema isn't set to
use the same DTD as the version you're generating with.  E.g.:

<!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM
        "http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_2.dtd";>

This will let you use any new XML attributes.

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and
are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this
email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or
retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized
prohibited.