I wanted to ask a question about the best way to
prevent users overwriting each others changes when
updating the database.

If you use the simplest way
  IntakeTool intake = (IntakeTool)
context.get(ConstSpr.INTAKE_STRING);
  Group group =
intake.get(ConstSpr.INTAKE_SPRSA_CONTRACT,IntakeTool.DEFAULT_KEY);
  SprsaRsaContract sprsa = new SprsaRsaContract();

  group.setProperties( sprsa );
  sprsa.save();

You can over right another users changes to the
database.

I have decided to stuff the torque object used to
build the form into the users temporary storage and
then when the user submits the form I retreive it and
do something like :

   Criteria whereCriteria =
SpscmSalesCompanyPeer.buildCriteria(this);
   Criteria updateCriteria =
SpscmSalesCompanyPeer.buildCriteria(newValues);

   SpscmSalesCompanyPeer.doUpdate(whereCriteria,
updateCriteria);

Then check to see how many rows were updated.

Any suggestions for this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris