onsdag 22 mars 2023 kl. 15:53:09 UTC+1 skrev F&F Technologies:

Good day all.

My organization is trying to use TortoiseSVN as a version control client.
In researching, from the user group, it looks as though this may not be
accepted as a vulnerability by TortoiseSVN.

The concern is that a macro can be executed which might harm a network. It
appears that there are a number of steps to get there.

1. Can someone please advise if this was addressed?

2. If addressed, where might I find documentation on the resolution?

3. If not are there plans to?

4. If no plans requesting explanation why so I can present to organization.

I am hoping to obtain answer by end of day Thursday as I have a meeting to
rebut objections.

Thanks.

https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2019-14422/

In the title you mention CVE-2007-3846 but the link is something else. I
assume this is a case of copy-paste error and assume it is CVE-2007-3846
you refer to.

Please see the Apache Subversion advisory:
https://subversion.apache.org/security/CVE-2007-3846-advisory.txt

The version numbers for TortoiseSVN and Apache Subversion are in general
the same. Exceptions exist, for example within the 1.14 line, TortoiseSVN
in general have a higher version number than the Apache Subversion library
version.

Thus I'm sure TortoiseSVN version 1.14.5 are not affected by CVE-2007-3846.

Kind regards
Daniel