onsdag 17 maj 2023 kl. 07:00:07 UTC+2 skrev socrat...@gmail.com:

Hello Tortoise Dev Team,

We in our team wanted to create a documentation based on the comments that
the members of the development team give each time they commit a code
change to SVN.

Currently, we have set a standard format on how the development team should
put their comments into SVN upon commit:

<Date of change>
<Module changed>
<Type of change - e.g. bug fix, enhancement, new feature, etc.>
<Entity changed - e.g. System, Database, API, User Interface, IIS, JAVA
SDK, etc.>
<Change Description>

My question now are:
1. Would it be possible to develop an automated way where SVN retrieves all
comments from a date range that we would define?

Try the command line client: svn log
(It is included with TortoiseSVN but you must select it in the installer)
Please check the SVN book at:
https://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svn.c.log.html

The --xml argument might be useful if you prefer to parse XML rather than
plain text.

2. Once the comments from the date range have been gathered, is there a way
where SVN can make a file containing the same details as the format of the
comment I mentioned above.

A few examples can be found in the Subversion project:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/dev/gnuify-changelog.pl
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/examples/svnlog2html.rb
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/contrib/client-side/svn2cl/
The last one is rather advanced and can handle filtering, sorting and
formatting.

3. Relative to question # 2, is there a way we can customize the contents
of the file according to our needs. Then, once the file has been created,
would we be able to save it in our local folders or directories?

Yes, see the examples in #2.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg