1) "I would imagine that OneDrive will encounter conflicts on the databases
and files within the .svn administrative folder. That is probably a BAD
idea."
Actually, I have concerns about this too. However, I will give it a try and
see the results on a relatively easy project.
2) "The Subversion approach to non-mergeable binary files is to use
locking, see the description of SVN lock in the SVN book [1]. This can be
enforced by the svn:needs-lock property, see [2]"
Lock option is also on the table but I am not in favor of letting only one
person at each time.

Thank you very much, Daniel. I will let you know about my hybrid (TSVN +
Onedrive) approach.